The Global Higher Education MS Program is a 30-credit masters program in the department of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis (ELPA). The curriculum is designed to emphasize both international and American higher education aspects, both practice and research oriented contents, so that our students will be absolutely competent and confident regardless their careers goals.
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Identify and analyze issues and challenges pertaining to internationalization of higher education;
- Understand various aspects of study abroad program portfolio management; study abroad advising, and study program promotion and marketing
- critically and creatively discuss practices, issues, challenges, and opportunities surrounding international student advising, international student services, and international student career services;
- Choose or develop appropriate assessment tools for assessing educational processes and outcomes in academic programs, student services, and institutions;
- Understand student services profession and student development theories that inform practice in student affairs
- Develop an understanding of a broad range of contemporary topics and pressing questions concerning American community colleges in a global context.