The Global Higher Education (GHE) Master’s Degree Program focuses on training future generations of professionals and scholars striving for social justice in a global context.
- Provides a pathway to careers in international education (for positions such as study abroad advisor, international student advisor, and international admissions counselor, etc.)
- Prepares future leaders and researchers, practitioners and scholars in international education administration and research.
- Prepares individuals with the capacities for critical thinking, problem-solving, and data-driven decision making skills that will enable them to engage with higher education leadership and systems around the world, and to strive for social justice in a global context.
Unique Strengths of the Program
- Connect education with careers
- Embedded internship and career development program
- Integrated networking and leadership skill training
- Intensive Advising and career coaching throughout the program.
- A family-like collaborative learning community
- Student-centered and individual attention throughout the program
- Ensure services and support to alumni beyond graduation
Program at a Glance
- Degree: Master of Science
- Length of study: 3 semesters minimum (12 or 16 months)
- Delivery: Online or hybrid for academic year 2020/2021
- Course requirement: 30 credits at the graduate level
- Program starts in Fall semester each year.
- Tuition: $6,098.06 per semester for resident (in-state) students; $12,761.50 per semester for non-resident and international students (based on 8 or more credits in Fall semester 2020). For most recent tuition rate, please check out University Tuition and Fees.
The mission of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (ELPA) is to create, evaluate, exchange, and apply knowledge about leadership, learning, and organizational performance to prepare scholars and scholar practitioners who cultivate equity and educational opportunity in a diverse and changing world.
The School of Education
The UW-Madison School of Education is consistently ranked one of the top schools of education in the nation. In the 2019 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Education Graduate Schools ratings, the School ranked No. 2 overall (tied with Harvard University).
Complementing UW-Madison’s status as one of the most globally connected universities in the world, the School of Education plays an important role in preparing students to be global citizens and in helping to shape UW’s broader global agenda.