The Global Higher Education (GHE) Master’s Degree Program focuses on training new generations of professionals and scholars in the field of international higher education.
- Offers the unique opportunity to study higher education administration and leadership from both an American and international perspective.
- Prepares future leaders and researchers, practitioners and scholars in higher education in a cross-cultural, transnational context.
- Trains professionals for careers in international higher education (study abroad advising, international student services, and international admissions, etc.)
- Prepares individuals with the capacities for critical thinking, problem-solving, data-driven decision making, and communication skills that will enable them to engage with internationalization of higher education.
Unique Strengths of the Program
- Connect education with careers
- Embedded internship and career development program
- Integrated Professional Development and leadership skill training
- Intensive Advising and career coaching throughout the program.
- A family-like collaborative learning community
- Student-centered and individual attention throughout the program
Program at a Glance
- Degree: Master of Science
- Length of study: 3 semesters minimum (12 or 16 months)
- Delivery: Face-to-face only (no online courses)
- Course requirement: 30 credits at the graduate level
- Program starts in Fall semester each year.
- Tuition: $6,004.80 per semester for resident (in-state) students; $12,668.24 per semester for non-resident and international students (based on 8 or more credits in Fall semester 2018). For most recent tuition rate, please check out University Tuition and Fees.
The mission of the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis (ELPA) is to create, evaluate, exchange, and apply knowledge about leadership, learning, and organizational performance to prepare scholars and scholar practitioners who cultivate equity and educational opportunity in a diverse and changing world.
The School of Education
The UW-Madison School of Education is consistently ranked one of the top schools of education in the nation. In the 2019 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Education Graduate Schools ratings, the School ranked No. 2 overall (tied with Harvard University).
Complementing UW-Madison’s status as one of the most globally connected universities in the world, the School of Education plays an important role in preparing students to be global citizens and in helping to shape UW’s broader global agenda.